I’ve turned my Monthly Praise Posts into a link up to encourage you (yes, you) to write up your own post about what God has been doing in your life this month. You can find out more below.
September is a special month here in Britain. Unlike sensible countries such as Australia and the United States of America, Britain has a different starting point for its academic year in relation to the calendar year. That makes September an unofficial second new year and new start. This year that is more true than ever as I have moved up to Sheffield (FINALLY!!!) to begin my Masters degree. It has been one crazy and at times awkward month! However, I am so glad to be here and to tell you guys about a few of my adventures.
- September always starts off well with my mum’s birthday. This year, Steph took us all out for cream tea to celebrate at one of the local hotels. I was properly chuffed that they included herbal tea as an option though a little disappointed that it was Twinnings when there are so many other fantastic brands to choose from. However, we had a great time celebrating my mum’s wonderful life and that is the most important part.
- I also ended my membership at my local gym back home in preparation for the move north. I had a wonderful time there and it was such an important part of my healing process after university. But closing my membership added finality to my move and reaffirmed that I would not be heading back west after I finished my MA. That can only be a good thing.
- I loved reading The Radical Disciple so much! It is a really easy to read book. So easy that at times I had to re-read chapters because I was convinced it had to be more complicated than it was. What it did succeed in doing is make me reevaluate my life as a Christian from every angle, including the environmental. I have never been so convinced that eating less meat and going “eco” was part of the Christian lifestyle as I was after reading this book! Go, read it, now!
- Everyone loves a good selfie, preferably of themselves or friends. Even more so when that selfie has a fun memory attached to it. On this occasion, I was rocking my latest tunic after spending a few hours shopping and chilling with Catherine and Annabel in Frome. I was able to pick up a few more bits for university and catch up with my two besties. All in all, a fantastic day!
- I tried cooking rabbit. You can read all about my crazy reasons for doing so here. The most important part is that I was able to get all creative and really push my cooking knowledge through a couple of boundaries. After all, cooking should be all about the fun, right?
- Every morning, when I draw back my curtain, this sign is the first thing I see. It is an an amazing privilege to wake up each day and be reminded that the Lord is my strength no matter if it is raining or shining. It is a reminder that keeps me sane when all I can think about is how much work I have to do. For it is through Christ that I can do all things, including my studies.
- Blue skies! I cannot believe how warm and sunny it has been since moving to Sheffield. Admittedly that comes with the price of a really hot room when I’m trying to sleep, but totally worth it for how happy it has made everyone. We even had a double rainbow one day. God’s promise that He will never flood the earth again is always such a reminder of His blessings.
- Moving to Sheffield has included other perks, like being nearer to friends I don’t get to see very often. So far I have been to dinner with the Posts, visited Longshaw with Esther and visited Meadowhall with Fee. I was particularly lucky with the trip to Meadowhall for the student night as I signed up as a blogger, resulting in me getting a goodie bag. Of course I split the goodie bag with Fee, both of us gaining treats from Boots, Illamasque and Urban Decay. I’m not really into make up but Fee was loving it. I also spent too much money but when am I next going to be able to afford French Connection?
- I finished off the month with a cup of green tea, in my green skinnies, uploading a third video diary to YouTube. What better way to finish off a month? I was so calm on this morning and felt like I was actually in control. It was a good day and a reminder that God gave me control over my life, not my life over me.
Looking back over September, it feels like it has been September forever but at the same time I cannot believe it is October! God has been so good to me, particularly through my friends. I am genuinely excited to start October and see what else God has planned for me here in Sheffield. If you want to know too, you can follow My Awkward Video Diary over on YouTube.
Monthly Praise Post Link Up
- Concentrate on the good things that have happened over the last month. That could be the obvious or even how God has turned a rubbish situation into a good one (like forcing me to take time to chill via my wrists).
- Read the link that appears before yours. Maybe even leave a comment on the page so they know you’ve read it. Let’s build a community of Christian girls and guys celebrating with and supporting each other.
- Use the button below to let everyone know about the Monthly Praise Posts. Let’s see people praising God for the everyday stuff all over the web! (I even included HTML code for your web design ninjas. Or you can copy and paste the button)