I’ve turned my Monthly Praise Posts into a link up to encourage you (yes, you) to write up your own post about what God has been doing in your life this month. You can find out more below.
Wherever April has vanished to, I suspect it is the same place that the rest of 2016 so far has vanished to. Yet it seems that the start of April was long ago, with trips to Bristol Fashion Week and Swansea University Dance Society’s showcase already fond memories for me to mull over. Looking back over April’s Instagram was definitely a time to mull over what I had been up to, making choosing which to share with you a real challenge. I only hope that these nine moments show how much God has blessed me, whatever my mood was at the time.
- So I may have failed at watching more documentaries on Netflix, but recently I have started listening to podcasts more often. The Liturgists Podcast discusses a different topic in each episode, from creative and scientific directions. It is one of my favourites, not least because they make me laugh as much as they make me think.
- Bristol Fashion Week has been part of CounterCultural. CounterCouture. since our humble beginnings. This season was my last one as once I’ve moved to Sheffield, I don’t think I will be able to make them. I had company this time around as my mum came with me for the first time. She’s even thinking of going again and trying to persuade my sister to go with her. If you want to know what I thought of the trends for SS16, you can check out my post here.
- I went a little bit selfie mad throughout April and I think this one was my favourite. The combination having part of my partly up and wearing my leaf earrings, I felt somewhat elven in the style of Lord of the Rings of The Shannara Chronicles. Can you tell I’m a bit of a fantasy fan? Plus, this top was a charity find. It just goes to show that you can find some brilliant unique pieces if you just search a little bit.
- There have been points in April where I have not been the most pleasant. On the day I took this photo, I was feeling incredibly weak but God reminded me that I can do all things in Christ’s strength. “All things” includes the simple act of living if that’s what I need strength for. Is that not incredible?
- 23 April is the birthday and deathday of the bard, Shakespeare. Having been bought up on Shakespeare and as it was his 400th anniversary, I had to commemorate his legacy. Yes, 10 Things I Hate About You is based on The Taming of the Shrew. Even iconic 90s films owe their beginnings to the bard!
- Along with a trip to Bristol, Mum and I also took a trip over the water to Swansea. The Swansea University Dance Society were performing their annual showcase and my sister was in over half of the dances. She even choreographed the advance jazz, which she has been teaching over the last year. I was so proud of her! This picture was taken on the way up when we stopped off for coffee. Doesn’t my mum look fantastic?
- I’m loving my NutriNinja! This particular blend included beetroot, cashews and frozen fruit. It was absolutely delicious plus it filled me up for breakfast. I love that I can make myself a thick enough drink that it counts as breakfast on it’s own. It makes my life so much easier.
- I took this selfie while I was up late organising #SoulOnFireMay with Danielle from Christian on Campus. We were introduced to each other through the Solidarity Sister challenge and spent a month or so emailing each other. Since then, we have guest posted on each other’s blogs and are running an Instagram challenge together. It’s been amazing getting to know Danielle. It’s just shame she’s over in America with such a huge time difference. Hence the very late selfie!
- My last photo is from the very last day of April so it’s lucky to have made it in to this month”s praise post. I spent a beautiful day with Annabel wondering around some local bluebell woods, discussing everything from fantasy kingdoms that could exist through every gap in a tree through to the best way to make use of woodland in photo shoots. She’s so supportive of CounterCultural. CounterCouture, that she has partnered with me for more style shoots and helped me set up photos for a review to come.
April has been a month full of blessing, even when I have felt to weak to go on. God never fails to give me reasons to keep praising Him and to keep writing these posts to share those reasons with you.
Monthly Praise Post Link Up
- Concentrate on the good things that have happened over the last month. That could be the obvious or even how God has turned a rubbish situation into a good one (like forcing me to take time to chill via my wrists).
- Read the link that appears before yours. Maybe even leave a comment on the page so they know you’ve read it. Let’s build a community of Christian girls celebrating with and supporting each other.
- Use the button below to let everyone know about the Monthly Praise Posts. Let’s see people praising God for the everyday stuff all over the web! (I even included HTML code for your web design ninjas. Or you can copy and paste the button)