- Breakfast: Protein pancakes, vanilla almond shake, activia yogurt.
- Lunch: Tuna, bean and ham salad, carrot sticks, rice cakes and apple.
- Dinner: Chilli con carne and rice.
- Small group: Popcorn, vegetable sticks, shloer, and pretzels.
- Breakfast: Two scrambled eggs, bacon, rice cakes, yogurt, activia yogurt.
- Lunch: Popcorn, tuna, bean and ham salad, carrot sticks, potato and apple.
- Dinner: Red wine, jacket potato, sweetcorn, GF sausages, decaf cappuccino.
While protien pancakes are definitely filling, the lack of complex carbohydrates on Wednesday meant that I got hungry a lot quicker and had much less energy. The addition today of rice cakes made a big difference in terms of how much energy I had throughout the morning. Though my continual lack of sleep meant this burst didn’t last into the afternoon.
I’m also amazed by the impact of having a late night snack. So yesterday I was celebrating (for reasons that will be revealed soon) at small group and took along some popcorn and shloer. I had been warned about the impact of late night snacks but had not yet tested the theory. It was an interesting experience. I didn’t feel as awful or tired as I had expected but I have definitely felt more bloated today. And not feeling bloated was one of the perks of SFS that I had really begun to enjoy.
So I have learnt my lesson. Snacking is not good and three big, healthy meals a day are. My next challenge: to say no to food when it’s available. And (hopefully) watch the centimetres disappear.