- I treated myself to a day of pampering and shopping. I may have spent rather a lot of money but it was worth it. My skin is feeling so much better plus I have a few new additions for my upcoming night out in Sheffield.
- I tried to tune back into my creative side with colouring, drawing and fun. I had lots of fun when I visited Jaz as we both explored our sketchbooks while watching Disney movies. Most definitely a good way to catch up with a friend.
- I’m growing out my hair!!! Yes, the edgy asymmetric cut is on the way out but right now it all looks a little odd. So I am trying out different styles to disguise it and the 50s housewife has been added to my repertoire. Neat, chic and totally out of the way.
- I love my cuddly toys, as I gushed here, and they are my first port of call when I’m tired. As I’ve been ridiculously tired recently, they have been making much more frequent appearances. Let’s just say that they are my constant companion when watching anything on demand.
- I became a member of my church and was given these gorgeous lilies as a welcome. I adore my church; they really are family and it is an honour to be part of the church. Plus, who doesn’t love to receive flowers whatever the occassion?
- I scored myself a new hoodie and few other bits in a clothes swap with three of my closest friends. We had lots of laughs as we tried on bits and pieces from each others wardrobe. Its amazing how people can like the same clothes but style them so totally differently.
- I’ve had loads of fun writing new types of posts recently and my one favourite series has been 5 _____ That Make You Happy. It makes me smile just to share what makes me happy with you guys. Plus I spent time in a coffee shop, which always makes me smile.
- I went to see my grandparents at the start of October and it was so relaxing. I felt bad as I spent a lot of time writing but the other option was to watch rugby, which isn’t really my cup of tea. However, Grandpa bought me a fresh from the market plum, which put a massive grin on my face!
- I’ve been trying to eat more healthily and that has included testing out different options for lunch. It turns out that cold roasted squash and sweet potato goes down really well in a salad with crunchy vegetables. It’s now getting a little cold for salad so I need to to start experimenting with soup and stews again.
- I was invited to AW15 at Bristol Fashion Week and managed to make it to one of the shows. Though I’m not the biggest fan of the high street, I came away feeling inspired for new trends. It really inspired me to re-spin how I style some of my summer clothes for the colder seasons.
- This has to be my favourite post of recent times. Between the beautiful meme featuring the Ouse Wash and the topic of self care, I found it a captivating post to write. I struggled to write it at times but by the end I knew it was worthwhile. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it.
So that was my September and October. I’ve enjoyed them despite being shattered and stressed. How about you? I hope you’ve had a great autumn so far too.
The post September and October Praise Post first appeared on CounterCultural. CounterCouture.