Resolutions… The bane of every person come the end of January. The source of so much guilt about yet again not managing to [insert ridiculous intention here] for the fifth year in a row. Well, I have a proposition for you, dear reader. How about in 2016 we choose to make those ridiculous intentions achievable? And while we are at it, why not share those achievable intentions with each other?
That’s why I’m hosting my first Link Up Party! In order to encourage each other in our 2016 aims and goals, I’m asking you to write your own post about “How you doin’?” in terms of reaching your goals. But remember, it’s only January. As you’ll see from my own progress, it’s only the beginning so don’t expect any miracles yet.
So let’s make a start on how I have done…
- Since the start of 2016, I have been having a driving lesson a week. The aim and hope is that I can take my test before Easter but in order to do that, I’ve got to memorise my hazard drill: mirrors, signal, position, speed, gears, look…
- Cutting back on my refined food was a little bit of a dodgy start but since then I’ve tried out crobars, started spiralizing vegetables and try to switch hot chocolate for fruit teas.
- In my quest to read more about Biblical femininity and women of God, I have begun to reread a series of devotions based around Biblical women. I’m also reading Purity is Possible, which is an amazing book for anyone who struggles with any degree of fantasising.
Now It’s Your Turn
As Joey would say “How you doin’?” I want to hear how your resolutions are going. Tell me as much or as little about what you’ve done so far to make your resolutions a reality. Then, once you’ve written about your resolutions so far, link the post to my link up below.
However, there are three “must dos” for joining our Link Up Party:
- We’re talking about resolutions, life aims, goals. You can call them whatever you like so long as it is about the challenges you are taking on for 2016.
- Here at CounterCultural. CounterCouture. we are all about encouraging one another. In that spirit of encouragement, when you link up your post please read and comment on the one before it. Please use this as a chance to lift up each other, no matter the resolution or progress.
- Please place the below button on your post. Either copy and paste the picture or use the HTML code below if you’re daring.
The post Resolutions January Link Up first appeared on CounterCultural. CounterCouture.